Project Topic Brainstorm

I have chosen four possible topics for my project that I think I would really enjoy doing.

1. Women Superheroes
    Though I don't know much about the literature for this class, I am excited to learn and read more. As I have gone through different topic ideas, read through other peoples storybooks, and browsed stories for this class, I am seeing lots of stories with female leads/ females who save the day. I would love to do my project based on something female empowerment and I think this may be the best way to do that!

2. Festivals and Holidays
      I do not know much about Indian Culture or tradition, but I think the best way to learn would be to learn about festivals and Holidays. By looking at the days and festivals that the people in a certain culture or region find significant, you can learn a lot about the people. I would like to do more research about festivals and holidays, along with their roots, in order to get a better understanding. As far as my storybook goes, I think it could be cool to have a main character attend each festival or participate in holidays in order to help readers get a better feeling of the environment.

3. Religion
     It would be very interesting to do a storybook on Gods and Goddesses. I don't know much at all about the religion, but I would love to learn. I think it could be interesting to compare religious traditions to my own and see how similar and different they are. It would be very fun to write stories from the perspective of the Gods and Goddesses themselves.

4. Love Stories
     I am a sucker for love stories! Once again, I don't know much about the specific literature, but I love to read new things, especially romance! I think if I went with this option, I would retell my favorite love stories in the form of a modern day novel. I would likely direct my storybook at a young adult/ middle school audience because that is the age group that I hope to teach soon.



 Source: Luigi Mengato on Flickr






Comments