Storybook Favorites

Browsing through the stories, I have found these three stories to be my favorite (though there many that I really enjoyed) : 

 I think I liked this story the best because it featured a woman who was independent and learned more about herself! Who doesn't love Girl Power?! It is not a story I was familiar with before, but the author did a great job explaining the context and I found it easy to understand. I really enjoyed it! The site was easy to navigate and the images used to represent the story were very beautiful. I loved the cosmic feel of this page. 

I loved this spin on classic Indian tales because it used one of my favorite childhood shows, Looney Tunes! This story book took classic Indian tales and turned them into Looney Tunes adventures! Including the cartoon into the stories made it so they were a little more familiar to me. The site was very easy to navigate, each story having its own tab. 

This storybook immediately caught my feminist eye because I am all about girl power! This storybook discusses women in Indian epics and considers an alternate world in which they took charge of their own stories, which is well explained in the storybook's introduction. The only major difference in this storybook and some of the other story books I viewed is that this one did not feature a conclusion tab, which I think would just be helpful to wrapping up the story overall. 

This image, titled Feminism was found at Flickr
by the creator "Cross Stitch Ninja" 
I chose this image because feminism is something that is very important to me
and is a recurring theme in many of the storybooks I read and enjoyed. 

Comments