My Favorite Place: Port Au Prince Haiti

Though it is the third poorest country in the world and has been negatively effected by earthquakes and poor government leadership, Haiti is truly one of the world's hidden gems! I have had the pleasure of spending the summers of 2017 and 2018 visiting Haitian missionaries in their home of Port Au Prince. While I was there I was able to meet so many amazing people, and see so many beautiful sights!


This is a personal image, taken by me in 2018 
              from the balcony of the home of my host family in Port Au Prince, Haiti


This is a personal image, taken by me in 2018 
at the beach in Arcahaie Haiti

Haiti is a country that is healing from many crisies and faces lots of hardship. However, the people who live there and the experiences that are to be had in Haiti are sure to bring nothing but joy to everyone!

                                                        Street of Port-Au-Prince, Haiti 
                                                                         Source: Flickr


Comments

  1. Oh, thank you for these pictures from Haiti, Linsey! I have never been to Haiti, but one of my college roommates, Rachel Beauvoir,, was from Haiti, and she taught me about Vodou tradition (her father was Max Beauvoir; you may have heard of him). She died of cancer in 2018... so young. I learned a lot from her, and I always think of her whenever I read about Haiti. Thank you for sharing your pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment