Time Strategies

My suggested time schedule for this class seems to be a great fit for me because it involves two hours of work on Tuesdays and Thursdays, when I am off work, and then two hours of work on Sunday when I always have evenings off work. I was nervous, initially, about an online course because of my hefty class load and working so many hours. However now that I have a specific schedule in place, I think it should be a breeze to make it through the assignments on time.

One of my biggest time management helpers is to set small goals and reward myself for achieving them. For example, I can get myself a snack after finishing a certain amount of reading.
I also allow myself to have frequent work/ study breaks. I find that if I do not get up and walk around, I easily lose focus and find it difficult to get work finished.
I am also a huge fan of checklists! Before I start any big task, I set a list of smaller tasks and check them off as I go, it is a great way to actually visualize my progress!

Source: Chris Florence on Flickr
This is a great motivation image for people, like me, who tend to procrastinate

Comments